Wednesday, April 2, 2008

long time been....

It's been a while since I last posted. Been busy with stuff. Little bit of scrapbooking, lots of other.

Finally, after about 3 years, we(Curtis and I) finished putting up the rock on the front of the house. It looks really nice now. One of about a dozen unfinished projects, done!

Cooked dinner last night. Amazing, I know. Found some recipes in BHG that looked good, Chicken thighs with artichokes and asparagus-leek risotto. Let's just say I made a big mess and burned the prosciutto and turned the risotto to mush. Caden informed me that the risotto was horrible and then Brock decided to agree and did the fake gag thing. Nice.

We went to the driving range to golf for family night. I had all of these grand ideas of taking some cool photos. I got down there with my nice camera, ready for business, except...Dun,dun,dun..no CF card. Bummer. No pictures.


Okay, to the scrapbooking...I spent almost all day yesterday on the phone with mom while I was working on this layout. We had fun working "together" 800 miles apart.



Brock was so funny this day. If you can read the journaling it kind of tells the story behind the pictures. I think it is so funny that Brock writes "letters" to tell you how he's feeling. Normally, it is a cute picture of him and me with a heart between us and then both of us circled. But as you can see here, when he is mad at you, you get crossed out! and there is definitely NO heart! Funny boy.

This other layout was my last lesson with Up & Running with Photoshop class. I have really enjoyed the last month of classes and I can't wait to take the next class in June.


I have found that I am seriously lacking in the picture department recently. I have mostly had to scrap from 2006. UGH! I need to get back behind that camera lens. I had to dig way back for this picture of Curt & I. 16 freakin' years! :P
who are those people anyway? I hardly recognize them!

This last layout was our Wednesday challenge, making a comic book-esque photo block. It was one of those pages that you just do. Not really excited about how it turned out, but at a loss on how to make it any better and at the time really couldn't have cared less. Loved the pictures of Brock He was so cute playing with Woody & Buzz. It's neat to see him as into them as Tadhg was. (note his name written on their feet, just like in the movie. He must have dug through the whole toy box and pulled out all the Woodys and Buzzes we owned. Gotta love it.

No comments: