Friday, March 21, 2008

hiding

Today you will find me hiding out in my office. Our house is temporarily overflowing with 11 year old boys. It all started Wednesday night, when after scouts we had Nic and Nathan here while they were waiting for their parents to get back from mutual. They boys decided to play "hide & scare" (their version of hide & seek) where you turn off all the lights in the house and then try to "get" each other with dart guns. Needless to say, I was hiding out here that night too! Well, they all had sooo much fun that Tadhg concocted the idea of a mass sleep-over as soon as possible. Last night was the History night/wax museum project for all the boys at school and then today is the first day of spring break. So... I gave in.
When I venture out to feed ravenous animals or go potty, I must step over at least 100 darts, several sleeping bags and....is that sand in my rug!? Guess it goes with the flaming hot cheeto crumbs on the sofa. Now I remember why I don't do this very often. At least they keep each other entertained. Did I mention that a houseful of boys smells? Well, it does.
Now let's see if I can find another activity that will keep me sequestered to "my room".

1 comment:

Joanie said...

P & I laughed and laughed at this one! So happy you have a blog now.