Saturday, July 5, 2008

another late night

Here I am and it's 11 at night and I'm still at it. I just finished uploading my assignments for my JS classes.
I finally got some alone time today. I haven't had 5 minutes I could call my own since school got out. I think I was getting a little(well, maybe a bit more) CRANKY! I was able to "wander aimlessly" through Target and a few other stores, without having anyone ask when we were going to be done, or telling me that they had to go to the bathroom or that someone had just poked, teased, looked at(you pick one!)...them:D Now I feel better. Oh, and I had some Harry therapy on the way down and back. (see page below)
Now I am sitting in my office rockin' out while I blog. A much better day.

We went to the fireworks last night at Buchanan High School. We met up with Gramma, Pop-pop, great Gran, Sean and Yasha. The boys took a football to toss while we waited and I was happy to snap semi-candid pics of anyone I could train the lens on.

I tried my hand at photographing fireworks for my class. Not as easy as it looks. But I found out after I got back home and uploaded the pictures that in the dark I had accidentally set my camera to timer, so there was a 6 second delay before the shutter clicked. DUH! Here were the best.




And a picture of the moon at sunset while we were waiting.


Okay, now for the nerdy little secret.... Yup... that was the Saturday 30 minute challenge. To scrap that little addiction that would make me a BIG nerd. Actually I have several, but I'll only divulge one today!:D


I've had a "thing" with Harry for several years. He's always there for me, to keep me company.. while I drive, sew, scrap and to fill my hours as I flip pages or discs. As I was working on this page Tadhg came in and was teasing me about my "nerdy" secret. He read, "I love Harry" and asked, "Do you love him more than dad?" I laughed, "No" Funny Boy! *(but I think we might get along better! Harry never disagrees with me and when I'm done with him I turn him off.)

2 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Such great fireworks shots (even if you had a little "oops"). I don't think I've ever attempted to capture fireworks, so I'm very impressed.

Love,
Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Joanie said...

Great post... I LOL about Harry! Sad, but true! Love the page, great brush, where did you get it.