Friday, July 4, 2008

happy fourth of July!

I jumped out of bed today and put up our flag! Normally I totally forget, but this year I had homework to do.
I started a digital photography class on Monday and I needed to take a picture of what "freedom" means to me. That was tough at first, but then I thought of our Flag. So, I put out the flag and snapped away.

About 60 pictures later, I found one I liked. Can I just say how great it is to have a digital camera, where I CAN take 60 photos to get the ONE I want. Then delete the rest!:D

Spent about 8 hours online yesterday looking for family history stuff. I started to get really frustrated, after looking for HOURS and not finding anything. I finally came across a website for Cleveland County Arkansas that had marriage indexes and obituaries, where I found 3 marriages and 1 Obit. Glad I found something, but...8 hours!!!!

I had a challenge to make a page about "this makes me happy" for my digi-scrap class. I thought about a lot of things that make me happy, like chocolate and fabric, and colors and sleep..books and swimming. I could go on and on, but I decided on my boys. DO they make me happy....yes. Do they also make me crazy? absolutely! Frustrated, yup. But they do make me happy, when they are sweet and loving and cooperative. There are moments.:D

2 comments:

Joanie said...

I love this post! I'll tell you again... love this page of the boys. Their sweetness shines through, what cuties. THIS is what makes Grammies happy!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

How fun that you're taking a digital photography class! So cool!!!! I can't wait to see more of your work as you share it here.

Love,
Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage