Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday morning...

Got up this morning and started in on the daily routine...started some laundry, general house cleaning. I like to get the vacuum out and do all the floors that way, if I can... (if the chunks aren't too big!) So here I am... plugged into my ipod...vacuuming. Here... there...carpet....hardwood.... I get to the front door and I know that the boys aren't as careful with getting the cat food (which hides behind the front door and the cat dishes which are just outside the front door) all the way outside. There is usually a trail... sometimes I can get the vacuum to pick it up, sometimes I have to break down and get out the broom and dustpan... So I'm going at it and I see something a little bigger.
*We have gotten a lot of rain this last weekend(which I LOVE!) and that normally means that "stuff" finds it's way in out of the rain.
I look, then look a little closer, just to make sure it's not a lego or something. It is one of those wormy things with about a ba-gillion legs... (I have gotten MUCH better about the bugs and crawly things since we moved to the hills. There is always something I find repulsive... lurking...) I have the vacuum right there and I think, "I'll just pull out the hose attachment and suck it up, no messing with the tissue and toilet flush this time!" I pull out the wand and go to suck this millipede thing up and UGHHH! I have one hand on the hose and there is this huge thunk, right where my hand is holding the hose, as it gets sucked up. Major jibblies!!! (He-bey-leys ...just for you Mom!) I can still feel the crawling shivers up my spine! Gross! Might have jumped a foot of two... can't be sure, but the adrenaline is pumping....Gaaa!
Now, back to work! :)

3 comments:

Sarah E Boucher said...

EEEWWWWwwww! Nasty! One time we saw a black widow spider and a sack of eggs. We thought the vacuum was the best idea too...but they totally stuck in there! Ick! Then mom had to clean it out (Gross! like I was gonna touch it!)

Joanie said...

LOL... I love this story! I can just feel it... thwack, ick! Sorry I wasn't there to laugh and jump with you.
Love you lots,
Mamma

PS word verification is pookere... cute word, we have to think up a meaning for it! It's kind of like Edna's "bumphely"

Joanie said...

Ok, doing a little test here. I just changed my profile photo.