Sunday, April 26, 2009

This has been a very busy week. I have hardly been at home at all!
Monday necessitated a trip to town to restock the cupboards. After spring break and the boys being home all the time...eating... we were out of everything. I suppose I could have gone on Saturday, but much preferred to go alone. It is faster and much more peaceful.
Honestly, Tuesday was a blur... I went with Brock on a field trip to Fresno State. We visited the planetarium and then saw a very cute play, The Tale of Jemima Puddleduck, put on by the drama department. When it was over I came home and crashed... I was so tired!
Wednesday I headed back to the Family History Library. It has been weeks since I have gone. I was able to make a little progress and found a death certificate for my Great Grandpa Morton.
Thursday was the Honor Roll assembly. Mr. Caden received his 3rd Gold Honor Roll(meaning a perfect 4.0) He must not be embarrassed by me hollering and screaming, "That's my boy!" when his name is called and he walks across the stage, because shortly after he got to school he called to remind me what time the assembly started. So sweet.



Friday, I worked in first grade and then made a quick trip out to Raymond to see Caden run in his first cross country race. The paper that came home said that the 4-8 grades would start running at 11. I left class a little early and got to Raymond about 15 minutes after (I never remember just how long it takes to get to Raymond!) I walk up and see all the runners milling around. I finally find Caden and learn that they had already run! and eaten lunch! The whole meet was over and I had missed it! I saw several other parents there that had also arrived by 11 but had missed the race too. We all commiserated that on missing the big event, and we joked about those great pictures we wouldn't have of the race. Mr. Weimer, the track/cross country coach said Caden has the best attitude and is a happy runner. He's excited about his next race at Wasuma.

2 comments:

Joanie said...

Bek, What a busy mom you are! I love this update! Caden is carrying on the family tradition of excellence (what a smart boy). Remember that YOU aren't supposed to be doing too much!
Love you,
Momma

Sarah E Boucher said...

Cute proud momma! Sorry you missed one of your little men's events...but he looks like he'll keep running. Always good to hear about your cute family, cousin!