Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I dodged the bullet! No jury duty for me! Yeah. I had to call back twice, but my services were no longer required. Yipee. I would have been bummed if I had to miss the Library tomorrow.
Started a kick-boxing class today. Let's just say I am not very coordinated. I did manage to make it through the whole class without kicking another person though. That's a good thing. Right? I realized I am a wimpy girl when she wanted us to do push-ups (girl ones with knees down, ankles crossed) after the first set of 16 I was feeling pretty proud that I hadn't wimped out, then she asks for 12 more then 8 more then mini pulses!!!! UGHHH.
Had a day in town with Brock yesterday, taking him to the dentist and running errands. Reminded me of when he was my shopping buddy, before he started school. He was so easy to hang around with. He talks a lot more now... :) Mr. Question boy. "Momma, how does this work?" He thinks I'm magic. That's an incredible feeling.
Wish all life was that easy, everyone so willing to see the best. Wish I could bottle this time. He is so sweet....except when he's mad at me. Then he draws a picture of me... in jail! :) Whatever!! Still love him.

I am trying to teach Tadhg about CHOICES. Not an easy task. I'm sure he hears and understands where I'm coming from, but...not sure it's really sinking in. "What do you want in life?" "Will that make you happy?" "Are you sure that is the best choice?" "Will that get you in trouble?" We are trying to find his "pause button" so maybe he can think before he acts. He is so smart and funny and can be quite charming when he wants to. Maybe that's why I love him so much, I can see what is inside. Wish I knew how to help him realize that HE is in control.

No comments: